12.17.2010

Fashion Muse: Mountain Girl

I just finished reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (okay, I skimmed the last third...) and I am fascinated by the Merry Pranksters.  The crazy time of "on the bus or off the bus" in the 60's, listening to Grateful Dead and experimenting with LSD and marijuana, is far from the idyllic persona of so-called hippies that I had previously perceived. 


 Mountain Girl (Carolyn Adams) is an incredible character, she is the Prankster's muse and defines the adventurous, free-spirited woman.  
This is my take on her adorable mod look...

2 comments:

  1. I find it fascinating that this look would still look very "hip" today. Interesting how great style keeps repeating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true, I think people like connecting to the nostalgia of the past and gloss over anything negative. Who can go wrong with boots and a mini-skirt?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!