10.01.2014

Vanity Project No. 2


Vanity Project No. 2


I thought I would update what's on my vanity (here are my picks from March) after 6 months or so of Sephora and Amazon orders. Here are a few of the products I've been reaching for lately...

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Rollerball is an addictive blend of sandalwood and vanilla that strikes the perfect balance between masculine and feminine. I love the rollerball for quick application.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment is my go to exfoliate, a little goes a long way and this stuff is magic.

Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray is addicting, I use it as a toner and to set my makeup, so fun and luxurious. Count me in on the thermal water spray trend.

Philosophy Time In A Bottle features a high-potency vitamin c8 activator that protects skin from aging environmental aggressors and further damage. It has a really great finish unlike some serums which can get a little tacky.

Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets All-In-One BB Cream Skintone Corrector has a lovely finish and the color blends really well.

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara is great at catching all of your lashes and has a natural-looking finish.

NARS Illuminator 'Laguna' works with even the fairest of skin as a bronzer and for subtle contouring.

NARS Lip Lacquer 'Chelsea Girls' is a perfect neutral color and the thicker lacquer has some staying power. It's also sort of discontinued, so if you can find it, grab it!

Yves Saint Laurent 'Touche Éclat' Radiant Touch is a great highlighter. I love this video that shows you how to use Touche Éclat correctly, it really brightens and adds polish to any look.

Tarte Cheek Stain 'Flush' has a lovely berry tone, it's a little intimidating in the packaging but goes on sheer and blends well.

Stila Eye Shadow 'Kitten' is a favorite of makeup artists, a great nude pink with just enough shimmer -- my go-to eye shadow.

Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour 'Sin' is a deep plum color that builds well. I love a darker lip all year, but I'm especially partial in F/W.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pen 'Universal Light' has better staying power than a pencil and the color is really natural-looking.

Do you have any perennial favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!